Table of contents:
Video: Choice Of Partner - Influences And Factors
2023 Author: Wallace Forman | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 11:04
The choice of partner
In theory, it is possible to get to know your partner for life anywhere by chance. Finding a partner, however, often depends on the economic, social and cultural situation. Who you are attracted to and with whom you develop and maintain an emotional connection over time - who you ultimately choose is influenced by many different factors. In addition to social and economic circumstances as well as attitudes and values, experiences and experiences from childhood, for example, and much more influence…
- Continue reading
- more on the subject
- Advice, downloads & tools
- Similarity, Opportunity & Values
- Behaviors & role models
Similarity, Opportunity & Values
The influencing factors include, for example:
- Similar & Opposites. Many get to know partners who are of a similar age, belong to a similar social class or the same social class or the same cultural group and have a similar education. Similarities in attitudes can prove to be beneficial, especially when getting to know each other - and can help a couple to become more stable later on. However: Differences also have their charm. Partners with contrary traits and characters can therefore also have an attraction to one another.
- Opportunities & timing. Who you get to know depends not least on what social environment you are in, where you are and what opportunities you take to get to know someone. Today the possibilities have increased, for example by getting to know each other via the Internet or by studying abroad.
- Attractiveness, values & attitudes. Whether you find someone physically attractive or not plays a significant role, at least when it comes to getting to know each other and the question of seeing you again. Correspondence in values and expectations, as well as whether the "inner values" are positive, is usually compared by the couples over time. What is also important is the importance given to certain properties or characteristics such as intelligence, moral integrity, the ability to bond, reliability, mutual attraction, pleasant nature, age or physical attractiveness, etc. In addition, it is not insignificant that ideas of a couple relationship also develop together. For example, if one of the two is in a long-term relationship with children and the other is not, the relationship may be jeopardized.
Behaviors & role models
The following are also essential:
- Gender roles. What is learned in childhood, such as attachment patterns, traditional gender roles or certain behaviors, play a role in partner choice.
- Role models & comparisons. The couple relationship of parents, relatives, friends and acquaintances often serves as an orientation for one's own partnership. In addition, the couple relationships they experience themselves influence the future ones and offer a comparative value. The role model in the partnership is also shaped by the media (film, magazines, etc.).
Are you wondering which contraceptive is best for you? Here you will find an overview of contraceptive methods and what is important when choosing
COPD: Risk Factors & PreventionCOPD can have several causes. Smoking is one of the risk factors. In addition, permanent harmful influences - for example at work and environmental pollution - put a strain on the lungs. Certain genetic dispositions also play a role
Psychosocial health is influenced, among other things, by personal living conditions and genetic predisposition as well as social, cultural, economic and environmental factors
Risk and protective factorsThere is no such thing as “a typical addict personality”. Different things come together in the development of an addiction. Certain factors, eg a genetic component, addictions in the family as well as personal and social difficulties are considered “risk factors”, others have a positive effect. However
Blood clots (thromboses) can develop in all body veins. Deep vein thrombosis is the most serious venous disease. Information on causes and symptoms