Table of contents:
Video: So Stay Relaxed
2023 Author: Wallace Forman | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 11:04
So stay relaxed
Recovery is essential for body, mind and soul. Everyone has their own reserves of strength and recovery strategies that are good for you. Find out how best to incorporate relaxation into your daily life. Whether it's a nap in between, the morning jogging lap or just relaxing - there are enough opportunities to recharge your batteries…
- Continue reading
- more on the subject
- Advice, downloads & tools
- Relaxation methods
- Leisure activities and "flow"
During sleep, the level of the stress hormone cortisol drops to a minimal level. Thus sleep is the simplest type of relaxation and it is also set up by nature. Cortisol wakes you up, which can lead to insomnia in chronic stress. For those who can relax through targeted short sleep phases during the day, so-called power napping is a well-suited relaxation method. Such a short, relaxing nap can be an afternoon nap on the weekend, for example.
Aside from sleep, there are many other ways to relax. It is important to find the one that suits you individually. For example, the following techniques can lead to relaxation:
Progressive muscle relaxation according to Jacobson: Different muscle groups are intensely tensed one after the other and then immediately relaxed. This method is very easy to use and is particularly suitable for those people who cannot gain much from other relaxation methods.
- Autogenic training: A method that enables you to put yourself in a physically and mentally relaxed state through concentration - this is achieved with the help of simple sentences that you say mentally (for example, "I am very calm, relaxed and relaxed")).
- Meditation: In meditation, for example, you can listen to the "sound of silence" in order to find peace and center.
- Mindfulness techniques: Consciously perceiving the here and now instead of “letting it run” on the side offers many advantages and can be trained. For more information, see Relaxed & focused through mindfulness.
- Far Eastern relaxation techniques: In almost all Far Eastern relaxation techniques, the unity of body, mind and soul is reflected. Examples are Qi Gong, Tai Chi and Yoga.
Just doing nothing: Doing nothing needs no explanation - but it is often not that easy.
- Imagination journeys: With this relaxation technique, texts are presented in which pleasant, relaxing situations or places are described. With the help of your own imagination you can "immerse yourself" in these images.
- Biofeedback: By measuring the skin conductance, for example, the degree of internal tension can be displayed on a monitor, for example. On the screen, the test person sees how the values change in a state of tension and relaxation. In this way, the biofeedback method sharpens the awareness of internal states. Over time, a feeling for one's own body and the state of relaxation develops, so that it can then be influenced. Biofeedback can also be combined with other relaxation techniques such as autogenic training.
Once a relaxation technique has been learned, five to ten minutes per day are often enough to relax well and sustainably.
Leisure activities and "flow"
Following a favorite relaxed activity, such as listening to music, reading, gardening, being in nature, painting, writing a diary, etc., is also a way of getting the relaxation you need. It can happen that you completely overlook the time, the so-called "flow" sets in. With this completely self-forgetting absorption in an occupation, the reference to space and time disappears.
From an evolutionary perspective, stress reactions used to be converted directly into movement (fight or flight). Movement reduces stress and is therefore an essential part of managing stress. The increased blood sugar that was released during the stress response is burned off. The increased blood pressure is used to better supply the muscles, which then release substances that lower blood pressure. In addition, during exercise, happiness hormones (endorphins) and real codeine and morphine are released from the adrenal medulla.
For more information on the health benefits of exercise, see Healthy Exercise.
You can find more tips for relaxation under Tips for everyday (soul) life.
How do you manage stress through mindfulness? Find out more about MBSR & Co. and carefully go through your everyday life, step by step
There are many different things to bring with you when you are admitted to a hospital. A checklist helps with the preparation
Rehabilitation or a cure may be necessary after a stay in hospital. The rehab is about „ repair “, the cure is about prevention. Learn more
Stressed, m ü de & ill: a cure can help. Learn more about Applying for a cure, duration of the cure and Ü assumption of costs by social security
Despite many challenges, school offers great development and development potential and also sets the course for later life. It can and should also be fun! We have put together a few tips for you to ensure that the school years are as relaxed as possible