Table of contents:
Video: Phases And Symptoms
2023 Author: Wallace Forman | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 11:04
Phases and Symptoms
The complete burnout exhaustion does not suddenly appear from one day to the next. Burnout is a process that can be described as a model in twelve stages (according to Freudenberger and North). From the neglect of one's own needs to changes in behavior to inner emptiness and depression.
These developments happen without being aware of it!
- Continue reading
- more on the subject
- Advice, downloads & tools
Burnout stages at a glance
- Stage 1: Compulsion to prove oneself (healthy commitment can turn into excessive ambition) or demotivation (no appreciation of the work done, etc.)
- Stage 2: increased commitment (you try to do it better and better - regardless of your own physical / psychological possibilities and the operational framework conditions.)
- Stage 3: Neglecting one's own needs (social contacts, rest and relaxation are no longer as important as before. You have the feeling that you cannot take the time for them.)
Stage 4: Suppression of conflicts and needs (mistakes such as delays, mix-ups etc. and also conflicts in partnership and / or family are more and more common)
- Stage 5: Reinterpretation of values (you "dull": relationships, for example, take a back seat to work; what was dear to you hardly occurs in life)
- Stage 6: increased denial of problems that have arisen (isolation from the environment, cynicism, aggression, impatience, significant physical complaints, etc.)
- Stage 7: social withdrawal (disorientation and hopelessness, "service according to regulations", substitute gratifications come to the fore)
- Stage 8: Changes in behavior (often become apparent in social withdrawal, substitute gratifications - such as alcohol consumption, shopping, eating)
- Stage 9: Loss of feeling for one's own personality (one no longer feels as actively controlling one's own life, "it" controls one)
Stage 10: inner emptiness (discouragement, fear, panic, substitute gratifications become excessive)
- Stage 11: Depression (exhaustion, despair, thoughts of suicide).
- Stage 12: complete burnout exhaustion (emotional, physical and mental breakdown)
The first warning signs of burnout can be an increase in overtime, misconduct, as a result more frequent sick leave or exhaustion. Emotionally conspicuous behavior or physical symptoms (such as headache, dizziness or increased sweating) are also possible. It is important to take care of yourself and your needs so as not to run the risk of burning out. Mental and physical complaints should in any case be taken seriously and clarified.
Unemployment is a personal crisis in life, often associated with financial problems. We explain the emotional and processing stages
House dust mite allergy is the second most common allergy after pollen allergy. Learn more about symptoms and diagnosis
Alcohol, alcohol addiction, Jellinek, typology, drink types, alpha type, beta type, gamma type, delta type, epsilon type, occasional drinker, addictive drinker, habitual drinker, mirror drinker, quarterly drinkers ä ufer, conflict drinker, relief drinker, problem drinker
Phases of grief after suicideMourning for someone close to you often puts the psyche to a severe test and needs one thing above all: time. Those who have survived suicide are usually particularly struggling with the situation. They mourn longer and mostly to a great extent
Find out more about the various stages or phases of sleep and learn the difference between REM and NonREM sleep