Table of contents:
Video: Strengthen The Psyche
2023 Author: Wallace Forman | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-07-31 01:47
How to strengthen your psyche
Strength training for the muscles - yes! But for the soul? But there is! Based on Seligmann's positive psychology, the American Psychological Association has made a ten-point plan for strengthening mental powers available online.
Here you will find an overview of the measures.
- Continue reading
- more on the subject
- Advice, downloads & tools
Ten-point plan for your mental "strength training"
1. Maintain or make social contacts: You can find practical tips under loneliness - causes and coping strategies as well as under tips on caring for the neighborhood.
2. Approach problems and crises in a solution-oriented manner: You can view these as challenges. Even if it is difficult, you gain a different perspective that can make things easier. However, that doesn't mean you have to come out stronger from every crisis.
3. Accept that life brings changes: Put your energy into things that you can actively change.
4. Find a goal and try to achieve it:It is important to make sure that this is as realistic as possible. For example, set milestone goals if you want - this will give you a sense of achievement in between.
5. Face your problems: Ostrich policy usually does not show any lasting success. Think about what you could do to help solve the problem. In the event of interpersonal conflicts, it helps to familiarize yourself with communication strategies.
6. Do yourself with yourself: The so-called "self-discovery" does not have to be a detached "ego trip". Knowing about yourself, developing and evolving, harbors great opportunities. Here, for example, professional personal development (self-awareness) can also help.
7. Look at yourself with "appreciative" eyes: Have confidence in yourself to be able to cope with crises. Explore your strengths.
8. Live in the present, but keep the future in your sights: those who include the future expand your horizons. Some things lose their horror when viewed in a larger context or in relation to one another.
9. Be optimistic: Worst-case scenarios may be harrowing (if sometimes only in the imagination), but what about the best-case scenarios? It's worth keeping an eye on these.
10. Practice self-care:Listen to your body, your soul, your needs. Keep pausing. Do yourself good! In addition to mental hygiene and social exchange, this also includes healthy eating and exercise.
These points serve as a guide. You can find out for yourself what is personally good for you and what strengthens you emotionally! For example, some people keep a diary, others meditate, etc. Follow your own "resilience training" as consistently as possible, but relaxed, or allow yourself to be accompanied professionally.
For more information about resilience, see Crisis Competence with Resilience.
The situation around the corona crisis is new and challenging for everyone. Here you will find tips for dealing with the current situation & the psyche. Plus: Ü overview ü of advisory services
Psychiatrists and other specially trained doctors offer professional medical help in the area of the psyche. Psychiatric outpatient clinics are available in acute crises
Mental health and spirituality have a high priority in hospice and palliative care
Psychosocial health is influenced, among other things, by personal living conditions and genetic predisposition as well as social, cultural, economic and environmental factors
Some things can be very damaging to the psyche. However, everyone also has sources of strength and skills to get through the highs and lows as well as possible